Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 16 August 2017
8:30 am - 9:00 am Coffee And Registration
9:00 am - 9:10 am Conference Opening – Remarks from the Conference Chairperson
9:10 am - 9:40 am Tailoring A Customer-Centered Banking Experience Through A 100% Online Personal Loan Business That Builds Customer Trust
With the digital channel being leveraged for most financial services and products, a key stumbling block being faced by most financial institutions is to understand customer needs and translate them into seamless and simple experiences. With 70-90% of new digital products and services being abandoned by customers, it is important to consider customer personalities and inhibitions with revealing financial circumstances and translate that into the digital experience. This session looks at Pepper Financial Services innovative, 100% online personal loan offering that focuses on customer service flexibility and built trusts towards the organization and its initiatives.
- How Pepper is enabling the first-of-its-kind end-to-end online personal loan solution
- Managing customer inhibitions and challenges with on-time loan payments through a flexible and innovative dashboard solution
- Building trust through transparency in service offerings and details and encouraging good customer behavior
9:50 am - 10:30 am The New Physics To Thrive In An Exponential Financial Services WorldRocky Scopelliti - Global Industry Executive – Banking, Finance & Insurance, Telstra
New research across eight countries covers how demographic change and digital technologies are impacting the financial services industry. With the millenials’ projected income expected to surpass Baby Boomers and close in on Generation X by as early as 2018, this session will see Rocky Scopelliti delve into Telstra’s on-going research into how institutions need to rethink service delivery to thrive in an exponential financial services world.
- How do millennials and mobile technologies influence exponential growth?
- Where do legacy business models require transformation for peak exponential profit inflection points?
- What programmatic technologies transform an institution for exponential performance?
Rocky ScopellitiGlobal Industry Executive – Banking, Finance & Insurance
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Tea
11:00 am - 11:40 am Unlocking Customer-Centricity: Leveraging Programmatic Buying To Drive Omni-Channel Consumer Marketing And Acquisition
While digital capabilities have been developed by most organizations, very few have successfully integrated and optimized the various consumer touch points to convert prospects and deliver sales. With data analytics capabilities and marketing channels at the financial institutions’ disposal, this session will run you through the best practices to deliver a successful sales and marketing strategy that is driven by customer needs rather than that of the bank.
- Understanding the difference between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ data to deliver relevant customer analytics
- Leveraging customer interaction points such as realestate.com & domain.com to orchestrate a relevant marketing strategy that serves customer pain points
- Tying in third-party ecosystems with NAB’s digital banking experience for a seamless delivery of service across various customer touch-points
11:40 am - 12:20 pm TAL Incubator – Fast Mover Advantage: Overcoming Organizational Bureaucracy To Bring Speed And Flexibility Into Digital Product DevelopmentDan Taylor - General Manager, Innovation, Tal Group
Intensifying competition in the banking and financial services space has led to a huge push towards ‘Agile’ development – a key aspect of the digital world which requires cost-effective, swift solutions that address the constantly changing needs of differing demographics of the market. While great ideas can be conceived by organization, it’s the high-quality yet rapid execution that will enable resource efficiencies to be achieved. This session will run you through TAL’s Internal Incubator that is enabling rapid innovation in a large organization.
- Creating an infrastructure for speed and flexibility in digital product development
- Improving speed-to-market and quality of product to meet customer needs and improve service satisfaction
- Tackling organizational structure and cultural challenges to implement agile methodologies
Dan TaylorGeneral Manager, Innovation
12:20 pm - 1:20 pm Lunch Break
1:20 pm - 2:00 pm Investing In Sales And Marketing Automation Technologies To Deliver Organization-Wide ROIAdam Camillo - Head of Digital and Innovation, AMP Capital
With digital transformation initiatives occurring organization-wide, investing in digital and technology that supports the marketing and sales functions in order to more easily automate and personalize customer experiences is becoming very important. With sheer ubiquity of technologies, such as CRMs, eCRMs and content management platforms now available to organizations, this session will shed light on AMP Capital’s digital transformation journey, providing insight into:
- How the organization has leveraged Salesforce and its content marketing capabilities to deliver personalized digital experiences to their customers in support of its marketing and sales strategies;
- How the relevant tools that empower employees to have a comprehensive level of interaction with customers have been deployed; and
- How they have overcome budgetary constraints to deliver their digital transformation initiatives that focuses on delivering organization-wide ROI.
Adam CamilloHead of Digital and Innovation
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Tyro Case Study: Transforming Merchant Banking Through A Frictionless 100% Online Model That Integrates Accounting Platforms With Bank AccountsPeter Hutchins - Senior Product Manager, Tyro
With merchants such as large retailers and restaurants experiencing huge time and resource commitments in reconciling transactions with their banking providers, Tyro Payments has made its foray into the banking space, having recently being established as an ADI. Leveraging a completely mobile-banking led solution, this case study will provide insight into how Tyro is innovating B2C and B2B banking to provide a simple and convenient banking experience for both, businesses and retail customers.
- Addressing merchant banking’s inefficiencies to provide a seamless transactional and banking experience through the digital channel
- Tying up with accounting platform providers to enable real-time payment reconciliations
- Leveraging moderate size for agility in product and service developments
- How TYRO’s integration with payment services removes friction from the POS transactions
Peter HutchinsSenior Product Manager
2:40 pm - 3:10 pm Afternoon Tea
3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Solutions Clinic
Solutions clinics are designed to give participants strategies and tools to deal with their most pressing challenges. The room will split into tables where each table member will share their biggest challenge before collectively deciding which issue to investigate in more detail. The table will then elect a facilitator/note taker who will record the topic being explored and the ideas of the table. After 40 minutes of discussion, the facilitator of each table will then report back to the rest of the audience their problem and potential solutions.
Finally, IQPC will compile the information collected into a document that will be shared with delegates post event.
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm KiwiBank Case Study: Leveraging An Internal Incubation Accelerator Program To Understand Digital Channel Interactions And Improve Customer Conversions In A Risk-Optimizing MannerPeter Fletcher-Dobson - Digital Advisor, Kiwibank
A digital strategy is only successful if it enables the banks to understand inhibitive experience touch points and avenues to capitalize and improve on. Evolving and restructuring the experience is an ongoing process and at times may end up being a drain on the limited resources of the customer-owned banks with a multitude of lucrative yet unproven technologies to choose from. Through KiwiBank’s internal Incubator Acceleration Program, learn:
- How to maximize on the data analytics process to improve customer experience on the online channel and increase customer conversion
- Why a model such as this is a cost effective solution for improving processes without having to risk a huge investment in an unproven technology
- How to overcome the challenges of implementing such a capability into the bank’s business model
- The multiple applications that the incubator program opens up for the bank
Peter Fletcher-DobsonDigital Advisor